Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day 2006

Thank you, all our men and women in the services and your families and other loved ones, for the freedoms you so selflessly protect and preserve for our nation. I am so proud and honored to live in the same country as you, America.

Michelle Malkin has a wonderful post up today for Independence Day. I found a new radio station through her site. It is great. It is called Wide Awakes Radio, and it even has Jack Idema (a POW in Afghanistan) on the air! He will be on again for 1/2 an hour at 10:30am.

Make sure you stop over at Michelle's sometime today. I'm sure many of our MilBlogs have beautiful and heartwarming posts as well. This is put together by Mudville Gazette (who I couldn't be more proud of!), and there are many contributors.

You should also check out Blackfive. That goes without saying, but I should say so anyway. I want to make sure he is not forgotten. Matt has a letter from the Marine's in Camp Pendleton. It is amazing. Pray for all our men and women, please.

Laughing_Wolf has a wonderful post called The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America. Wow. Highly recommended. Some of you may even find it sounds a touch familiar. I love it.

Indepundit has a wonderfully magnificant post on the Declaration of Independence. There are several links to the hot topics found in our constitution which can be found within our declaration. Plus more.

I am giving you so many links, because I know these men and women can write a much more elegant than I. It is not to my shame, but to their glory. Have a safe and blessed day.

PS: Don't drink and drive.

Update: Please swing by Dagney's Rant. She not only has a new look, she has an amazing Independence Day article. God bless you all.

Category: Anniversaries and Celebrations, American News & Issues and Freedom: America.