Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Aeromedical Teams Provide Care, Comfort

Cross-posted at Rosemary's Thoughts.

News from CentCom:
21 Jun 07
By Staff Sgt. Cassandra Locke
379th Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs
.

SOUTHWEST ASIA — The 379th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron has not only made it possible for a speedier recovery by picking up injured and sick servicemembers, but is providing the care and comfort needed to put their patients at ease.

Each time a crew from the 379th flies on a mission to care for patients, they are humbled by those injured in theater. [Continue reading.]
This is a mixture of emotions article, from heart-wretching to proud to grateful. It is heart-wretching for me to hear about even one of our men in pain, let alone murdered. But this is war, and I have to deal with it.

It makes me so proud when I hear stories about our injured men who, to them, the only problem is when can they have their 'gear' back and join their team! Gratitude comes from the knowledge that they are doing this for you and me. Maybe not directly, maybe we'll never meet face to face, maybe...but wow. They know this as well. I am truly humbled.

Labels: , , , , , ,