Monday, March 20, 2006

Iraq: The Middle East Model

Mohammed of Iraq the Model has written a thoughtful and thought-provoking article about the third anniversary of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

There are many things that I could not have foreseen. I did not foresee the paralysis in which a torturous and murderous dictator leaves a persons state of mind. Even had they wanted to help in the beginning, they could not. There were too many spies.

I did foresee the fact that there may be a feeling of doubt. Were we going to desert them again? I understand this doubt. I was outraged when this happened in 1991. Why bother kicking out an evil person only to let him live? Why encourage people to rise up only to leave them to the ills of their sick in head dictator? Well, you would doubt as well!

This is one reason I do not trust the UN. It was because they were giving the orders, not America. Had I known this, I would have fought against it. Now, they are helping write the constitution and work elections? What?! I can assure you, it is nothing like our constitution.

If it were, there would be no discussion over who won. We vote for the individual, not the party. If that were the case, we would riot in the streets! We need to see the people that are going to represent us, not the platform. People, after all, come in with their own agendas. For this reason, we are granted the most responibility to look at each candidate. They need to remember, "You work for me, not the other way around!"

Three years down the road, I can say this is not what I expected. Then again, I did not expect the State Department (which I despise almost as much as the UN) to be running reconstruction. What a sham. You have to find out what the people need, and the state department was not on the ground. How could they know? Then they had the audacity to hold up services that were essential to our success.

All in all, though, I do believe that the Iraqi people desire freedom and justice. They will not allow someone to come in and take over their country. Not now. They have been free too long. Even a day of freedom to a prisoner is something you will never be able to crush or take away. Thank you. God bless Iraq and the men and women who made it all possible! (That includes families, loved ones, and Iraqis.)

These are the personal thoughts of Rosemary. I may be persuaded to see things in a different way, but do not attack my President, the Iraqi people, or our Military. I will not hear you, and you will be blocked from commenting here. There is a certain courtesy to discourse. Please use it. :)